Friday 8 April 2011

Peace

After an exasperating week of chasing overdue invoices and treading gingerly over the developing political minefield that litters the allotment, it was nice to take an afternoon out on the river and do some fishing.


 This is a stretch of the River Derwent where I've had a lot of success trotting a float down stream earlier in the year, but yesterday I decided to try the fly and catch a couple of Brown Trout for dinner.

Unfortunately I must have used the fish repellent fly patterns again as they just didn't want to know. Typically, I'd remembered to take my camera this time to take some pics of my hugely successful days fishing but didn't actually catch any fish!


A lovely afternoon though, and did the trick in ridding me of my worries - for a bit.

So on the allotment front, I've now officially only got one for growing and the orchard for the chooks. Hopefully this will mean a pristine garden this year, back to it's former glory of the first year. The Red Beast did its duty again, easily chopping through the soil and clover with its freshly sharpened tines.

Just look at the concentration on that guys face...
What is really getting me excited this season is this years Grow Fish Eat project. As I type this I've got an unopened parcel at my feet. But that's for tomorrow...

2 comments:

Chris said...

Wow Chris! Not only growing but fishing too...and with flies and all. Already on board for Hugh's fish fight but let's keep banging on...
Enjoying the blog.

John Going Gently said...

Itried to use a rotavator like that a coupleof years ago and it nealy shook my tits off!